Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Design Journal 01/17/24


 
Working on these projects is such an invigorating exercise. I am lucky enough to have the opportunity to jump between all the publishing hats – writing, artwork, editing, layout… The hardest hat to wear is marketing. No one in the industry would argue this. Reaching the right people can be a challenge. The social platforms can be helpful, but on the latest round, they proves to be also annoying and potentially wasteful. Something that didn’t happen in the past when boosting a post is the constant run of messages from ‘guests’ claiming we are doing any number of things wrong and are to be shut down.
 
But that doesn’t mean they are ineffective for those who might be the right audience seeing the post. You learn that when a lady puts you on blast for having an ad on her feed. At first, I found her anger most unwarranted until I realized I was the one who should be angry. Why was SHE seeing the boosted post? She should have been nowhere near my targeted audience. That means my paid efforts are being lost on people who could care less about what I was peddling. A bit frustrating.
 
 
- James S. Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment