Friday, January 5, 2024

Design Journal 01/05/24


 
For this year’s Dungeon24 project, I don’t think I will fully invest the time. After last year, making it a quarter of the way, I know the time needed to invest in keeping pace. It is great fun and keeps the brain inspired, but when trying to also be an active creative, the drain could eventually be too much. So, as a compromise, I plan on doing weekdays as the build days. They can be a morning warm-up. But it also means going back at the end and finishing as I won’t complete all the new creature designs and fluff immediately like I did last time… but at least a complete project when I do.
 
Since a dungeon crawl is the heart of the project in essence, and wanting something slightly different, I am starting with a ‘forest crawl’ with location, that can then lead into smaller dungeon crawls underneath. This will help to keep things fresher for me. And since I am working on the Chronicles of Ballidrous campaign setting, why not drop it there, my most recent dive into the world – the Dyathukha Forest.
 
I’ll post here occasionally to help support the feed and make sure others don’t feel alone when we (hopefully) find ourselves deeper in the dungeon, where it’s darker and scarier.
 
 
- James S. Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment